Thursday 30 November 2017

So, does it work?


The question I have been asked quite a bit recently is exactly that one: does it work? And it refers of course to the physiotherapy. The honest answer to that is: I don't know. I have a feeling, but I have had those type of feelings before and they were always (proved) wrong.

The thing is, I will usually go without a headache for up to two weeks and the last time I had one was November 14th. Just over two weeks ago. Granted, it was only a level 1, meaning I could work and was not hindered much by it and the next day it did not grow into a level 3 headache, which would usually have happened. Positive!

This week however, would be the clincher. According to the old pattern I would be due a headache. Guess what: I got one! 

Now don't all sigh in frustration (I certainly don't), because this is NOT a tension headache. Nor is it a migraine. I have an absolute stinking cold and that always comes with a side order of headache! Which means I am keeping warm (hard to do in a bus that is -4 degrees when you start her up), drinking lots, swallowing paracetamol to keep the fever at bay and generally feeling a bit sorry for myself. 

My nose is the same colour as that jacket and hat
On the subject of a cold though: where does all that snot come from??

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are making it through this. Massage has helped me. I have one more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    The immune system; it creates the stuff to carry the nasty out of the body - that is why it ought to be expulsed and dumped! Get well soon... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known you would be the one to pick up on that last sentence! ;)

      Getting better now fortunately. Not quite there yet, but the h has shifted a bit.

      Delete
    2. ...glad to hear it. I had my visitors here for a couple of days and wouldn't you know, the heating boiler died AND I got sick; too much and too rich food during the day. Overexcited at the company! Having a fasting day to recuperate. Yxx

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure hope it helps. Mom is a big believer in physical therapy to fix the stuff that hurts from running. We're not sure about headaches though.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tense neck and back will need untensing and I couldn't do it on my own. The physio really helps. Unfortunately this cold was a nasty one.

      Delete
  5. I sure do hope you never ever have another nasty big H!
    Fingers crossed this is working.
    OMCs you have been in Norway 5 years! Wow hard to believe.
    Did you speak Norwegian or did you have to learn it quickly
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nasty cold makes everything feel worse. I hope it passes soon. As for headaches, I think you've doing the right thing for them. I go to the chiropractor whenever I feel a crick in my neck and it's a great help. Sometimes they're caused by hormones or medications or caffeine or certain things in some kinds of food (MSG comes to mind) or tension. Sometimes they're caused by some kind of trigger in the environment (a flashing light, or a chemical smell, or annoying sound, or even a change in the weather.) Try an ice pack to the back of the neck. Or try a hot pack. Get a special pillow for your neck. Be sure to get enough sleep. I hear there are several trigger points on the body that can help make it go away. I hope you find some relief. There is hardly anything worse than a blinding migraine! I know from personal experience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, I never felt a problem in my back, yet it was completely locked from the neck to my bottom. I only got the result: headache. Now I know however what needs to be done (and what works) and I will make sure to keep on top of it.

      I tend to use the seat warmers on the bus to give my back some relief and that really works. Especially on a cold morning with a really cold bus! And sleep is always a bit tricky. I tend to juuuuust want to finish watching this one little thing....

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!