Wednesday 19 October 2016

Enlightened

Cathedral window in Prague Castle
Years ago I worked in a biscuit factory. It was okay work, not too hard and I got to eat as many biscuits as I wanted. People who say that after a week you get fed up with it? They don't know me, especially those cinnamon biscuits... That is however beside the point. 

One day, I was supposed to go on the other side of the conveyor belt and in order to do that, I had to go underneath part of the machinery, since there was no way around. I had gone down and was almost clear when I thought I was already completely clear. I straightened myself and my shoulder hit the machine very badly. I cried out in pain, which is very rare for me: usually I just fall flat on my face without uttering a sound. I was taken away by the first aid lady who looked at my shoulder, taped the small wound shut and I think I had a short break before returning to work. 

It healed nicely though and I never thought of it again. Then a few years later I started driving a bus. And whenever the seat and the steering wheel weren't properly aligned, I could feel my shoulder acting up. But a hot lamp or some tiger balm (not made from real tigers) and I would be right as rain. 

I only realised a short while ago, that the wound sustained in that silly mishap in the biscuit factory is the root of all my troubles. With the head I mean. It is very likely some muscle got trapped for a short time and never got the chance to become untrapped. I had better call the doctor again...

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, sometimes it takes a long time to realize something caused another thing! We hope it is easily remedied!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Certainly could be a contributing factor - but oh dear, does this mean another headache episode? Sending some POTP - can't do any harm! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have had several episodes over the last few months. I don't always write/blog about them. It gets a bit boring after a while I think. Especially for me!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very real possibility. If you know the cause of the problem maybe there are a few more options out there. I am having acupuncture as well as physio to get my ankle back to where it was before I did all the walking during 2015. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel and am hoping I might be able to do some more long distance walking again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those past injuries come back to haunt us.

    Speaking of headaches, I have had one for about 4 months, almost always tolerable but always there to some degree. Going to try a neck massage tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are having this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, it has just become something that is part of me. As much as my glasses or my blonde hair are. It shouldn't be of course, but there you have it.

      Delete
  6. That could be well possible !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, hopefully there will be a different approached that can followed for relief.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!