Tuesday 19 July 2016

Miss Oswin pros and cons the new place

Miaow

It has been too long since the MBC in the WWU had a say here, so I plan to rectify it immediately. And I will tell you all about the new house. Or apartment as Mara calls it. 

First I will list the pros. There aren't that many of them to be honest. In fact, I can hardly think of a single thing that is better here than in our little house. Oh wait, when I look out the window there are more people to look at. Well, sometimes anyway. 

Now for the cons. The first one is that I am not allowed to go out. Mara says it's because of the traffic, but there was traffic back home as well and I was alright! Not going out means I cannot chase mice. Or birds. Or go running around in the nice green grass. Or climb trees. Or go visit the sheep and the cows. See how many negative things there are? And I am not finished yet either.

Not only am I not allowed to go out, I am not even allowed to go upstairs. Because there are other people living there! Don't they know I am the MBC in the WWU? An asset to every single household! Those people living upstairs make noises as well! They walk and move and when I first came to live here, I was very scared of that. But Mara told me I had to get used to that. Which I did, but I still don't like it very much. 

Another con is the view. It's not very nice. Not very nice at all. I want to see more than a single tree I can't touch. And grass. And animals. But here there are houses and apartments and people and cars and a lot more other stuff. Plus the sounds. There is always a sound. From the sirens of ambulances and police cars to the normal cars driving past to people moving upstairs to everything. It Is Never Quiet!!

The last big con is this: Mara isn't even looking to find another house for ourselves! How can that be? Does she want to live here?? Does she not know how a cat, especially the Most Beautiful Cat in the Whole Wide Universe needs space and open air and mice and such? I will just have to ruin her chairs a bit more so she will understand a tree is better to sharpen my nails on than any chair can ever be!

Help me readers! Help me get out of this place!!

14 comments:

  1. Poor Miss Oswin ! The only mean which might help is that you get depressed, refuse to eat and get a skinny minnie, (that's what Kim has done with my son and that's why she is with us in a house, she couldn't stand the flat) Maybe then Mara will move !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nose...we will haf to organise an escape committee fur you Oswain
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    I'm with the Princess; we can go all 'scarlet pimpernel' and smuggle you outta that place!!! ... then again, we value Mara's friendship, so pawhaps we can do an intervention, a sit down and talk, a deep and meaningful....which begins with "THE CAT NEEDS OUT!!!" Will that be helpful d'ya think? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do like the food she puts out in the morning... so, perhaps an escape that will only take an hour outside?

      Delete
  4. We can understand your suffering. Can she walk you outside on leash so you can at least run your paws through the grass?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOO! No leash! I AM NOT A DOG! Sorry. But Mara tried it once and it was very very very very very scary...

      Delete
  5. Miss O, this is so difficult for you and Mara, too. She loves you so much so be very patient with her. Maybe after the triathathingie she can take you to a play place for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do cuddle with her a lot more than before!

      Delete
  6. Now listen here Miss Oswin. Someone has to tell it like it is so guess it's up to me. You've gotta try too you know. The leash idea is a good one. Just give it a go. Start with just a harness. Leave it on for a few minutes only. Then extend the time very gradually. Before you know it you'll be wearing it all day. Then add a short tab lead. Same deal a few minutes first and gradually increase the time. Before you know it Mara will be able to lead you around inside and THEN .... OUTSIDE!!! See ... Not so bad after all. If Mara can do a triathlon surely you can learn to walk on a leash. Give it a go, aye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I am not going on a leash!! That would ruin my whole look!!

      Delete
  7. Sorry that your not happy there but I understand the rules for your safety. (So how do you keep her from going upstairs?)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!