Saturday 5 March 2016

Scookies

Last June's version
Lately I have been baking carrot cakes. Lovely and nice and very tasty. But a friend of mine said that even though my carrot cake is really good, my apple pie is even better. A lot better. Could I not bake one? Please please pretty please???

What's a girl to do? Risk loosing a friend or start baking the apple pie. So, what did I do at 5.30 this ay em? I baked a carrot cake! Just because!! And when that was in the oven, I started on the apple pie. And once I have gotten the paper plates and plastic forks, I am going to bake a chocolate cake as well. 

So, if you are in the area today (or tomorrow, there might be some leftovers), come on by and get a piece.

Oh, and the scookies? Those are my scones. Ie, scones that don't rise. Ever. And don't look like scones. More like cookies. Or scookies. But they taste of scones. Sort of. Mind you, you could play shuffleboard with them as well. With the scookies. That are scones but look like cookies. 

10 comments:

  1. Brave girl ! I have never baked a cake in my whole life but I loved cooking !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Try this recipe for scones, we leave the cheese out sometimes. Just as good.

    http://familyfoodandtravel.com/2013/11/cheddar-cheese-scones.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried so many different recipes, but basically I overwork them. I don't know when to stop. So, they end up like scookies!

      Delete
    2. I'm not good at that either, Mara. That's why this recipe is so good. Just combine until the flour is wet, shape and cut. No Working at all. If I can do it...

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    My mother was the ace sconer and Mac1 has inherited the skill... mine are like yours most of the time - I think it's what the Americans call 'biscuits' (as opposed to cookies, which are sweet)... I love carrot cake. ...sigh... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, scones might not be sweet, but sbiscuits sounds silly.

      Well, come on over, I will save a piece of carrot cake for you!

      Delete
  4. Yum! So you played shuffleboard with the scookies....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wish we could stop by!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!