Tuesday 26 January 2016

The old head

Could it be? 
Remember that little operation I had last year? The one where they removed a few of my insides? Well, ever since I have used the pill. The anti-conception pill to be clear. For medical reasons, because they removed most of the insides, but left one part. And that part could cause trouble in the future if I don't take the pill. I had noticed however that while I was on 'menopause' (during my sick leave) I did not have any headaches and as soon as I started taking the pill (almost at the same time as going back to work), they came back.

After nearly a year of taking the pill though, I needed a new prescription. And I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about my headaches as well. Yesterday was the day. A nice young female doctor (not my own, she has been on leave for ages now) finally got to see me after a long wait. I opened my mouth and 'ring ring' the telephone. A few minutes later I got another chance and 'ring ring' the telephone. Fortunately that was it with the ringing and I was able to tell her what I wanted to tell her. 

Could it be my job??
She pulled up the details of my operation and I found out it had been even harder then I always had thought. We then talked about how the pill might affect my head. And I realised that perhaps it didn't. Perhaps the problem lay in another area altogether. Because when she stood behind me and tried to 'massage' me, it really hurt. 

Which means: I continue with the pill I have been using and will be sent on to see a physiotherapist to help with the locked shoulders and neck. It will take a few weeks she said, but knowing how slow it can go... it might take a bit longer. But, on the plus side: something is being done!

Yippee!

9 comments:

  1. You really battle this. Perhaps, massage therapy will be the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH DEAR...BABY STEPS BUT IT SURELY SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I HAD A LOT OF NECK/SHOULDER PAIN WHEN WORKED AND EVERY SO OFTEN NOW IF I SIT AT THE COMPUTER TOO LONG.
    GOOD LUCK
    HUGS CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    ... can't say I am surprised by this, to be honest; many of the massages I gave over the years were for folk who spent lots of time at the wheel - or the desk... Along with the physio, though, it will be important to become aware of the tightening and 'breath it out'... So glad you got a doc who listened! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known a lot sooner of course, because I do feel my shoulders on some days. Didn't realise it was this bad though.

      Delete
  4. Well at least you have a direction and I pray that will be the answer to your headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That neck and shoulder area can get locked up so be patient as you await a result. Cuz after all, a massage is always nice!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey ..... I hope those aches in your head disappear soon. they can't be much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You call that a "little" operation ? I wonder what you would call a serious operation ! That would be nice if the headaches would go with the help of a phisio !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!