Wednesday 11 March 2015

Shoulder

Today was the first day I got myself out of the house and made my way to work. Driving! I am only on paracetamols now and it was about time I got out. Plus I needed milk. Which is not something I get at work, but I figured that since I would be at work, I might as well visit the supermarket as well. 

While at work I talked to several colleagues I hadn't seen in several weeks and one of them asked me where I had had my operation (and no, he didn't mean which hospital). I showed him where on my body the zip could be located and he thought I was joking. He didn't believe that where I pointed (from the navel down) was where I had been operated. He figured it would be either the shoulder or the knee, since I am after all a busdriver and that's where busdrivers have their problems.

After visiting my colleagues and the office, I made my way to the supermarket. Not my small local one, but the big huge one that is always way too busy. Although they do have more choice in flowers so I got the carnations I like which is good. I had made sure I had plenty of plastic bags with me, so I wouldn't overload any bags with my shopping. I am after all not allowed to carry more than 5 kg (about 10 pounds). In turn that meant five trips to the car to get everything home. 

In other news: the toilet is sorted. The water has stopped and it sounds a lot better. Now it's just hoping the rest will be sorted soon as well. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds as if all is on the mend. Hope you are already feeling much less pain than prior to surgery. Bet the carnations smell good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain I felt prior to surgery is completely gone. The only pain now is the pain from the scar forming. And that is not really a pain, more of a sensitivity! I am doing much much better though.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you could go out and even drive ! I think now slowly slowly you will get back to normal life ! The worst at least is over !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    woo hoo, out and about.... some men just don't get it do they? Despite your care, take even more - it is so easy at this point to stretch just that inch or ounce too far!!! Glad the 'other plumbing' is settling down too &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he got it in the end! Once he finally believed me.

      I am taking care of myself. Still not doing much unfortunately, which is mostly due to the fact that they took out my uterus and not my lazy bone! I should have asked them to do that as well, but I am not sure where it is located and I doubt it was next to my uterus!!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got out on your own today and did some shopping. Also great news on the toilet!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!