Monday 23 February 2015

In stitches

Thanks to yet another colleague of mine who came and picked me up, I was able to make my way to the doctor's office this morning. Don't worry, it was a planned visit, because the stitches were due to come out. 

I say stitches, but they were in fact staples. I have been feeling a bit stationary lately as well, so perhaps one has to do with the other? Anyway, back to the subject at hand. The staples were due to come out. In the hospital I had been given a gadget to take with me to the doctor's office and of course I remembered about it when we pulled up in front of the office. Typical. But, I figured they would have something as well. I was right.

I got into the room, where I had to lie down on a bed. Which they first had to lower, since it was too high up for me in my condition. After I had settled, the assistant got to work with her thingymebob. It didn't hurt a bit. Well, the first three didn't. Then came a few that were a bit iffy, but once they were out, it was fine. Until...

Until she got to the lowest ones. Now, remember I have got an infection and that is where the infection is residing. Not only is it painful, it is also red, oozing and swollen. And especially that last bit (swollen) caused the most pain. Because the staples had to come out. I really had to grit my teeth! In the end the doctor came in, took out the last 3 staples (out of 32) and started to clean it. He then dressed it again, gave me a new prescription for antibiotics and told me that if in three days it wasn't on the mend, I needed to come back.

I now have only a few pills to take every day. Only three different ones (as opposed to the five I took before). The paracetamol and antibiotics I take four times a day and then there is a morphine based one that I take once a day. I am definitely on the mend!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are on the mend! I'm sure the infection will clear up in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I am assuming from the description 'bottom', that this is the crease area... always tricky. Overall, pretty good though, so continue on the healing path pal!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you haven't lost your sense of humour. Stitches. Stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought back memories of my staples from over 36 years ago....ouch!
    Hope you heal quickly and don't have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a little surprised that he took the staples out from the infected part. Well, he must know, but I can imagine that it hurt ! Now the worst is over !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear! Hope the infection begins to clear soon.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!