Friday 27 February 2015

All better (well...)

As I was in the midst of waking up this morning, my half asleep body turned over on its stomach! I didn't scream in pain, I didn't wince, I hardly even noticed. 

My visitor this afternoon mentioned something else: I was actually walking straight backed! No more hunch, no more stoop, no more doubling over. 

This morning I took my last morphine based pill. So, now I am on paracetamol and antibiotics only. A great step forward from the five pills a pop I took when I first got out!

And of course it's the weekend. So, life is good!

10 comments:

  1. Keep bringing us the good news! So glad your doing better. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mara. You're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Die foto 'brings back memories'. Mooie tijden. Al meen ik me te herinneren dat je je destijds allesbehalve 'better' voelde bij het ontwaken.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zullen we het daar verder niet over hebben? Het is de enige (recente) foto die ik heb van mezelf in slaap!

      Delete
    2. Ik zal binnenkort weleens een mooie nieuwe van je maken, ok? :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. Thanks gawd for painkillers but also for the body's recuperative power.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!