Monday 10 February 2014

Visnes 1

Since I only had to work until midday today, I thought it would be a good idea to say yes to the invitation of my friend to go for a walk in Visnes, which is quite close to where I live. Now, this is the same friend who invited me to Preikestolen last July, so I think I should have known some of what was probably about to come. I think I might be too optimistic at times!

The German occupation built lots of bunkers and other concrete thingies
Anyway, it started off fine: the rain stopped just as I was picking her up and we drove for about two kilometers to where we would start. The path was good (tarmac) and then even better (gravel). We saw lots of trees that had gone down in the storms we have had lately and the path was great. 

The copper melting barn. Now being partially restored
We then got off the path and went down a route with a lot of water and eventually rocks. And as you know: rocks are my favourite while walking!! Anyway, some great views, some great routes and yes, a great work-out! 

Of course, none of my hikes would be complete without a fall. Since the path was on occasion a pond, we had to skirt around a couple of times. Until there was a real pond (or stream, water anyway) and instead of skirting around, we had to use the bridge. Now, did I tell you already that wet paths can be slippery? So, as I tried to put my right foot on the bridge, my left foot went skidding underneath the bridge and I managed (just) to fling myself onto the bridge. And yes, I do now have a lovely bruise on my left leg. Ah well, that's life!

4 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    What is a hike without evidence of it's having happened?... of course I can get bruised hiking upstairs...

    &*<> Great piccies!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you holding up the "gazebo" in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, I was afraid you were going to say you fell! I did the same thing on a slippery bridge covered with leaves once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your header photo!
    Looks like a lovely place to walk and I like the pictures. Sorry about your fall.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!