Sunday 1 September 2013

Photo on Sunday 2013-22

While we drove to our destination last Saturday, we passed the Hardangervidda. A huge area that is quite high up and is absolutely breathtaking. Mind you, I do have a thing for long views that aren't hampered by too many mountains! And if there are no trees, it gets even better (I am funny like that). So, that area was just perfect. 

It had some feeling of The Burren (Ireland), but it was so much bigger and even more impressive! I will definitely go back there some day. The sticks that you see at the side of the road are the road markers, since the weather can be quite treacherous during wintertime. 

3 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    aahh, before I even read your words I had in mind the Burren! That is a haunting place and this does certainly have a similar look and I imagine, feel. I understand what you mean about the scenery - there is something about horizonz..... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful view. You would probably enjoy what are known as the Great Plains states in the US. We enjoyed Saskatchewan, CA. for its long, uncomplicated views, also. So enjoy your photographs of places I will never get to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!