Friday 27 September 2013

My life 2

Gooseherding is not on my cv
When my friend C was over for a visit last week, she asked me: what was the best job you ever had? It required some thinking, but I did come up with an answer. And decided it would make a perfect post!

The best job I ever had, was the touring job I had while living and working in the Netherlands. Taking people to see different places around Europe and making them (hopefully) fall in love with that area. I got to drive a lot and to see a lot as well and absolutely loved it. For the most part. 

Not exactly the stage, more like the waterfall in the pool
I am in the middle
But hold on, wasn't the best job the job in Italy? Well, yes actually! I grew up on Sicily. It was the first time I ever yelled back at a boss and it empowered me. Before I was quite a shy person and it would take a while for me to come out and ask people ordinary things. But after that, I was a lot bolder. Besides that, I worked with lots of people and met lots of children who were always fun. I danced on stage, I played the clown, I was tanned and thin and in shape. I loved it! For the most part.

One of my favourite view points with the bus
Because the job I have now is fantastic! The surroundings here are beautiful and it is a joy to see the sun come up over the mountains and the mist over the sea as I am driving to my first pick-up point. I still get to drive a lot and hopefully make people smile, which is a lot harder in public transport I can tell you!

All the jobs I had (with a few exceptions) were great. Because I realised quite early on: if I don't like a job, don't do it and find another one. No need to miserable!

3 comments:

  1. Your header is beautiful and your advice very sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had some really interesting jobs. Way to go! Also I agree that people riding a bus to work, etc. is much different than people riding a bus for their vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    That's the way! I have also had a variety of different work and it makes for an interesting life. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!