Friday 8 March 2013

Nerves

I have been writing a lot about my recent move to Norway. And perhaps you get a bit of an overload of Norway versus the Netherlands, so I have decided to not do a post about Norway this time. Although it might creep in at some point, I am not sure yet.

So, the post of today will probably not mention Norway (only mentioned Norway four times so far, five if you count the one in brackets), but it will mention the things I don't like. And there are plenty of things I don't like. And here, in no particular order, are some of the things I don't like. 

Alarm clocks. Basically, they are a necessary evil and whenever I don't need to set one, I am happy. At the moment my two alarm clocks (yes, I have two and use them both!) are set at 4.30 and 5.00am respectively. The earlier one is the radio one, which wakes me up quite slowly, the later one is the beep beep beep beep one, which just makes me want to take a brick and hit it. 

Wind chimes. Really, what is the point? If anybody ever thinks it would be a good idea to give me one as a birthday gift or a Christmas gift: don't bother. It will only end up in the bin! 

Tapwater in Haugesund (see how I avoided the N-word?). It is just gross. I actually boil it before I will drink it and it still tastes awful. My sister actually quite liked it when she was here, so I just wonder what horrid water they have in Northern Ireland if it's worse than the water that comes out of the tap here!

Doing the washing up. Which you know all about, since I talked about it only a few days ago! If you have forgotten already, you can read it here. I am glad to say I did follow up on some of your advise. I will soak my plates if I won't wash up immediately. And I do them a bit more often now. Like once a week!

So, a few things I don't like. Soon I will do a post about what I do like...

3 comments:

  1. Wind chimes ? No, thanks I have no windmill in my garden and no rooster on my roof ! I like to hear from Norway and the life over there !
    Concerning alarm clocks I have an built in one. I am always awoken before the alarm starts ! Now of course that I don't need an alarm clock anymore and I am always waking up at 6 am ! It's a shame !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it had been so long since I checked in, but you have four new posts for me toady. Sue likes wind chimes. I am kind of meh about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the tap water :(
    That was a great idea on soaking the dishes. It would probably help with the chance of ants in the summer! I won't send you wind chimes but I do like ours when I hear them.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!