Thursday 16 August 2012

'Leisure'

I went without holidays away for several years, especially during my 'paying off the massive self-inflicted loan to the bank' fase. I simply didn't have the cash to go away and spend any money. But before that fase, I did actually go away on holiday and did in fact raise my loan to do so! A big no-no of course, but I did enjoy that week away, so not all was lost.

Anyway, in 1999 I took a trip to Malta together with a friend, her sister and a colleague of her sister's. Most of the time we stayed close to the hotel pool, but we did venture out on two occasions: once to the USS Kennedy and once to the small island of Gozo. There we drove around in a jeep and we went snorkeling in or near a lovely blue lagoon. Before the snorkeling though, I just relaxed on the boat and enjoyed the sun, the sea and the view. Oh, to be back there...

This is my 32nd entry to Photo Theme for Thursday. Why not join?

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture of you ! Here the sun is shining and we had 30° yesterday. My friend with husband arrived yesterday from the Côte d'Azur to find the same weather here, lol ! I knew her through blogging. My leisures are on my photo blog.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!