Friday 1 June 2012

Typical

I wonder if Oscar Wilde ever lost anything
One of my retrieved photos!
I loose stuff. I don't mean to, but I do. I lost my photos through a stupid mistake (and found some again, phew), I lost my way on more than one occasion in the past, I lost my coach keys twice in one day several years ago! And the latest thing lost to the Land of Lostdom was my new and improved Norwegian CV (or resumé).

Now, I knew it was in the kitchen somewhere, since that's where I had taken it out of the bag. I knew I had put it on top of one of the kitchen cupboards, but when I looked it wasn't there. When I came upstairs to my work room though, I thought I saw it: but alas, it was only my Norwegain course, which is in the same type folder as my cv.

It is very annoying when you loose something like that. Of course I still had my old and not so good cv, but Gunnar in Norway had helped me update it and it looked a lot better. And I didn't know all the improvements anymore. I knew a few, but not all. So, I had resigned myself to the fact I would need to update that one.

When I came into my work room this morning (I don't want to call it an office, that sounds a bit too posh for me), I saw a folder. A folder that had been sitting on a crate for about five weeks, ever since I got back from Norway. Turns out I had put the folder containing my cv in my work room almost immediately. In plain sight. And I had overlooked it every single day!

*Groan*

5 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time. I can't find things that are right under my nose. Dick is the same way.
    But of course we're much older than you are. I just have to assume you have more important things on your mind, but what could be more important than an updated Norwegian CV?
    LOL
    Luv, Kay and Dick and Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be typical of me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me ! We looked for an hour for my glasses (even in the fridge) and finally I found them in the guestroom in the sink ! I had taken a shower there the night before !
    I can tell you : you are not alone !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so know of which you speak! Once found my keys in the refrigerator . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like when that happens.
    So glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!