Sunday 29 January 2012

Weekend

When I wrote about Sherlock a week or so ago, I got a reaction from Carolina, who told me there might be another series worth watching on the BBC: Mrs Brown's Boys. A series concerning an Irish mammy and her children. According to her it was a really good series and since we tend to like similar sort of shows... But then I saw what it was about and thought: no, this is not my type of show. Of course, only reading the blurb doesn't necessarily mean anything and in order to be faithful, I decided to have a little look.

Well, there was a penguin and a very pregnant woman. And there was Mrs Brown herself. She swore. A lot! And it was hilarious! It took all my effort not to pee my pants. Literally!! I wrote back to Carolina saying how much I had loved the show. On Monday she gave me a heads-up about the episode that evening and we got to emailing back and forth about how we would love to see the first series. So I ordered it on dvd. Together with Sherlock and Doctor Who. It arrived on Friday and this weekend I watched Mrs Brown's Boys and Sherlock. I added some tea and cookies and I had a near perfect weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Well, I like the idea of a penguin.
    Hope you're feeling well. I've been sick since Tuesday with a beastly cold. We were out shopping and I didn't even want to finish, I felt so rotten.
    Dick's been away for a few days and I haven't even been able to walk the dog.
    However, hugs to you from me and Lindy.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have recently discovered Downton Abbey and are quite intrigued by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. Now is that a woman or a man dressed up as a woman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a show Ed and I would like! But I've never heard of it...I'll have to see if I can watch it in the US!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!