Friday 27 May 2011

Well, hello there!

No, my little computer still serves as a stable for the trojan horse and my big computer is still slow, although I did manage to make it a bit faster by defragmentatingating(?) it yesterday. Which was very necessary!

Anyway, my week has been quite busy and I didn't find any time to get my little one to Kyhan (which is my local computer shop), but today it's quiet at work and before leaving for my afternoon shift I will take it on a little trip to town and drop it off.

My week was busy with school trips and such like. On Monday I killed a mirror, so I am probably looking at seven years of bad luck (oopsie), but I also did buy a lovely catty ornament by Villeroy and Boch. I know it's not Belleek (my favourite china/porcelain), but it's still quite nice. On Tuesday five busloads full of four and five year olds went to a large playground, where we found about twenty other buses as well, all loaded to the rooftop with four and five year olds! It was nice however, since I managed to speak to a colleague who I get on with really well.

Then on Wednesday I had a group on board who made so much noise it was incredible. And the teacher didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary! There are times when I am quite jealous of those people who need hearing aids: I would have loved to just turn them off! Yesterday was another quite easy day which nearly landed me with half a case of beer. With the emphasis on the nearly, since one of the passengers was already busy getting all the beers out of the fridge again. Sigh.

Today is the quietest day of the week. For me anyway, since I had to do a school run. And when I arrived this morning in the village where we start, there was nobody left, so I drove back home again and got my cats some fresh kitty litter.

Right now I am enjoying all the songs of this year's Eurovision (I bought the cd, mmm) and I have just finished some of the financial things I needed to do. And I am pleased to say I am within reach of the money I need to make the move: 91% of the total needed. Two more months and a lot of selling more and I will be over. Lovely!

I will be by shortly (either today or tomorrow) to visit all your blogs, but since my big one is still on the slow side, it might take a bit, so please do excuse me!

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again, I also was quiet busy so I didn't have the time to look in my Google Reader and only answered the comments I got.
    I think you should buy ear plugs when you have a bus load with four and five year olds! A chainsaw is nothing against them, lol !
    I went by train to Ostend today and had a whole class in my wagon, probably 8 - 10 years old, but the noise was certainly the same !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Trojan horse. I love horses, but not those ones.
    I have a friend who has a hearing aid and we stayed in a B&B in GB once. Next morning she said that she had slept very well due to the lovely quiet spot. Uhuh! We actually were next to a busy road and I hadn't slept at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the ornament is cute. (I have a few Belleck ornaments) Sorry about the mirror. Those days with the kids have got to be hard, especially all the noise. Way to go on almost reaching your goal for your move. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were selling things, not buying more?
    O well, none of my business.
    I can't imagine a bus full of munchkins like that. Yes, it would be great to be able to turn our ears off.
    So glad to see your blog again, although your face seems to have disappeared from it. O well, there's always the one of you looking through the train window at us. ;o)
    Ever so happy to know you're well again.
    Luv — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're back -- and that the cats got their fresh kitti-litter. What will you do with your cats when you leave?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!