Friday 4 June 2010

Working hard

I don't know how many dogs I saw yesterday, but the community of Baarn must have had a special sale on dog licenses or something. If I had to venture a guess, I must have seen about two hundred: Dalmatians, Saint Bernards, Schnauzers, a German Shepherd type dog with sawn off legs, white dogs, brown dogs and lots more.

Apart from the many dogs I encountered, I also saw quite a few caterpillars, my new home and the former home of Queen Juliana and her husband Prince Bernhard. Of the latter three I took photos, but there were so many dogs to choose from, that in the end I didn't take any...

I had a nice piece of pear cake, a nice spinach and salmon wrap with crisps (?) and before going home I had an ice-cream. On a stick. So, all in all, it was a good day!

5 comments:

  1. The thing with the dogs is very interesting. Don't you have a lot of ice cream items on a stick? You have a lovely new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send them their eviction notice yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo of the caterpillar!

    Pear cake sounds delicious. Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I like your new home. It suits you.
    One could not mistake the garden gnome for a chair.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!