Monday 31 August 2009

Seven on Monday 1


During all my travels, I get to see a lot. But I never see as much as I would wish. My last trip to Italy meant I finally got to see Rome up close, but it still isn't enough for me. I would love to be able to spend more than one day in that beautiful city. Have a great (local) guide who shows me around and not just the 'touristy' bits. So, I've decided to give you a little list of places I've been but haven't really been long enough to see everything. And of course the places I could go over and over again, because every time I discover something new! Here goes...

1. Rome, Italy. Such a beautiful city deserves to be visited for more than a day. And walking behind a guide with 40 other tourists doesn't really do it justice. At all! So, I would love to visit again. Properly.

2. Florence, Italy. I had never really visited this city, because the coach park is quite far from the center of town. Last time however, I managed to see a bit. What a beautiful city and definitely worth coming back to.


3. Leipzig, Germany. It must have been about five years ago now that I was there and I kept looking up the whole day. I never saw what was on street level and I didn't have enough time to see more than the fronts of houses and buildings. Definitely worth going back to...

4. Paris, France. The only time I visited I was so tired I didn't really take it all in. However, next year my parents are taking me, my brother and his family and my sister to Paris for a week. I should have plenty of time to see the sights then.

5. Prague, Czech Republic. Again, I only visited for a single afternoon and it was absolutely freezing! Most of the time we were there was spent drinking coffee, so you can imagine how much I actually managed to see!

6. London, England. I've visited London five times this year so far and I don't know how many times before this year. I find something new to see every time though. My most recent (and brilliant find): Camden!

7. Dublin, Ireland. Though I am always a bit wary of this city, I've never really had a good opportunity to see it properly. Even while there privately, I didn't. It should be rectified!

Now, you may have noticed I haven't got any non European destinations on this list. The reason for that? I've never been out of Europe! And the places I would love to see beyond will be for another post!

5 comments:

  1. I somewhat envy what you are able to visit so easily over there, but I'm wondering if you shouldn't visit Canada before you immigrate. Just a friendly suggestion. It may not be everything that you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fortunate to be able to visit so many interesting places.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are always so beautiful. I've never been out of the United States. My family was from the Prague area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My travels also leave me wanting to see more. I have take a couple of Caribbean cruises, but find that getting to spend just a few hours in a place is not satisfying.

    An Arkies Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I've never been anywhere IN Europe!! Living in England, you'd think I'd do that, wouldn't you? But no. I've seen New Zealand, Hawaii, and various parts of America, but France, Italy, and Germany could be on the moon!

    You've made me feel I should at least see Paris and Italy. I must. And Ireland too!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!