Sunday 23 August 2009

Shuffle


Today was an easy day, all I had to do was pretend I'm a tourist! Not too hard when you are in sunny Rome and sitting somewhere in the back of the bus instead of in front. First off, we went to see the Vatican. As usual, the Pope wasn't home (I don't think he likes me, he's never there when I am), but we did get to see where Pope John Paul II was buried. We also saw the church, which I found a little disappointing. I think I had expected a lot more over-the-topness. So, it really was a pleasant surprise that it wasn't so.

After lunch we did a short tour in the bus, but it was really hard to take photos. I can empathise with the passengers now: not a decent shot to be made! After the short tour, we went back out on the street and shuffled around some more. Trevi fountain (and no, I didn't throw a coin in), the Pantheon and of course lovely Italian ice-cream. Mmmm...

I've taken in the sun today: result is of course sunburn on both my back and my front. My face looks healthy and I feel good. If only the mosquito bites would magically disappear... That would just be fantastic.

Tomorrow it's the turn for the radishes, as we will be visiting a radish farm somewhere south of Rome. I don't like radishes, but for the sake of education, I might even try one!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting, I would love to be there. I believe that radishes are good for you. Just try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely time. Radishes are yummy!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Italy but it is on my list of places I must visit. Hope you enjoy it all. A x

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!