Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas

About nine years ago on Christmas Eve my parents thought they would surprise me by a lovely visit. However the look on my face must have spoken a complete library, because they didn't stay very long.
In the years I've lived in this house, I've only celebrated Christmas with my family four times. I went there twice and they came to me twice. More than enough in my opinion. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to spend it with family, but having a full sit-down meal dressed in your finest is not my idea of having a good time. So, now I spend Christmas watching films and television, eating exactly the food I love and doing everything in my own rythm. There's always room for more people, as long as they don't mind watching yet another Cinderella version (I own about ten different ones), a Christmas film, the Doctor Who Christmas Special and eating spaghetti bolognese.

As for the gifts: I don't even have a tree up this year and we've never exchanged presents in our household (we celebrated 'Sinterklaas' or Saint Nicholas on December 5th).

However I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!